Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LIB 200 Critical Thinking Blog Assignment #6

My research paper topic is research prompt #2--New York World's Fair Vs. global warming.

I will show evidence of how the New York Worlds Fair, specifically the Futurama exhibt, is partially to blame for global warming .

I used multiple sources I found by clicking on the research wiki.

1) Leinberger, Christopher B. The Option of Urbanism: Investing in a New American Dream. Washington, DC: Island, 2008. Print..
-- It's a book that perfectly describes how Futurama sold Americans a dream, the benefits, the consequences, and the big question...what do we do know?

2)Kleniewski, Nancy. Cities, Change and Conflict: A Political Economy 
---This book shows how the governement helped promote Futuramas vision of suburbia by making it easier to obtain homes.

This topic is very interesting to me, in particular because I'm taking an Urban Sociolgy class this semester and we have discussed the topic of the building of suburbia and urban areas.







No comments:

Post a Comment